Call to action
SDGs are an urgent call to action for people and planet, and companies are required to innovate their operative and business models through the development and test of new business ideas and technology solutions.
VeniSIA copes with Venice sustainable development challenges through an acceleration process involving:
- 1.international and national Providers of a sustainability innovation solution for sustainable cities, underwater life and clean energy, using labs as well as showrooms;
Do you have any questions? Here are some answers.
- Companies (corporations and SMEs);
- Master students;
who are interested in pursue or support sustainability innovation projects.
Companies benefit from VeniSIA because they get:
- a certain increase of their brand awareness, proving sustainability and innovation leaders to meet the SDGs with the aim to save Venice;
- a probable solution of their main sustainable development challenges, leveraging VeniSIA community of innovators and Ca’ Foscari University physical and intellectual assets;
In Venice as a city lab, funding companies can join a Co-Innovation program as:
- international companies supporting a broad sustainability action on climate change and clean energy;
- international or national corporations providing a sustainability innovation solution for sustainable cities, underwater life and clean energy;
VeniSIA accelerates new business ideas and technology solutions offering a range of services, including training, mentoring, project management, business model redesigning, co-working, accommodation, etc..
Best master’ students involved in VeniSIA through an internship can live a unique life experience living in Venice while coping with the extraordinary sustainability challenge of saving the most beautiful city in the world. They are a strong support in the sustainability innovation projects lead in the corporate labs or by a start-up.
VeniSIA rises in a considerable business ecosystem. While start-ups have the leading role in the acceleration process, the backing of partners has the key role for feasibility. VeniSIA promotes a wide range of business opportunities and collaboration options, involving different private and public partners located both in Venice and worldwide.
Benefits are the sharing of such relevant targets and of SDGs- driven business models. Additional benefits include the use of VeniSIA’s premises and awards and acknowledgements from Venice universities.
Yes, you can.
People and planet benefit from VeniSIA because it allows:
- a certain avoidance of Venice destiny of a deserted flooded Disneyland, repopulating the city with a community of innovators to turn it into the first 100% sustainable city, the oldest city of the future;
The governance depends on the origin of the funding:
- if a single company funds a corporate lab, the governance belongs to the same company;
- if a company funds a start-up, the governance belongs to the start-up;
Moreover, the funding company have an option for the first twelve months after the conclusion of the acceleration program;