VeniSIA's second acceleration program lasts one year (from May 2022 to April 2023) and includes the following phases, to support companies to identify, through an international call to action, their sustainability challenges and engage the most qualified researchers/start-uppers to carry out the sustainability innovation projects.
Business case selection
Co-Innovation (w/1 start-up)
VeniSIA’s virtuous circle of acceleration.
SDGs are an urgent call to action for people and planet, and companies are required to innovate their operative and business models through the development and test of new business ideas and technology solutions.
VeniSIA copes with the companies’ sustainable development challenges through a virtuous circle of acceleration.
Established companies identify their main sustainable development challenges:
VeniSIA supports international and national companies to design a sustainability innovation project, with the aim to develop it.
Most qualified researchers and scale-uppers are identified, through an international call to action, and consequently engaged by VeniSIA to provide business ideas and technology solutions which can result in sustainability innovation projects.
Corporate labs and scale-ups are set off in Venice by funding companies, to carry out the sustainability innovation projects.
VCs, family offices and donors join VeniSIA and create new market spaces for successful sustainability innovation projects:VeniSIA supports the promotion of tested business ideas and technology solutions among international investors and VCs to further fund selected start-ups and unlock their commercial opportunities.
Additional companies are attracted by the latter to cope with sustainability challenges and test in Venice ideas and solutions which can later work elsewhere in the world.
Master’s students get internships within the corporate labs: VeniSIA supports companies to select the best master’s students from (not only) Ca’ Foscari University for an internship in the corporate labs in order to support the sustainability innovation projects.
Additional independent smart workers join Venice: VeniSIA establishes and manages a community of innovators, able to attract worldwide smart workers, interested in a unique living and working experience in Venice. VeniSIA copes with broader sustainable development challenges through the same acceleration process where start-ups are funded by donors/sponsors.
If you are ready to join VeniSIA, click "Apply now" and submit now your application.
In case of any inconvenience, send all the required information directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1.Low-carbon mobility
- a.Technologies and/or fuels for low-emission vehicles, in particular for heavy vehicles
- b.Technologies and solutions that facilitate/accelerate/improve the recharging of electric vehicles (e.g.: dynamic systems, contactless, battery-swap, …)
- c.Technologies and solutions for multi-service (intermodal hubs) and distributed (connecting networks) mobility infrastructures that enable the production and storage of renewable energy
- d.Carbon capture technologies to be integrated into mobility infrastructures
- e.Solutions (e.g.: AI, IoT) for the analysis and exploitation of data related to mobility flows (people, goods and transport modes), for the estimation of related emissions and the identification of active interaction systems with travelers (e.g.: accessibility to airport terminals)
- f.Electrification of ports and related activities (e.g.: cold ironing, sustainable mobility development)
- 2.Innovative and sustainable materials
- a.Concrete for energy assets
- b.Packaging of electric equipment
- c.Circular plastic-based grid equipment
- d.Technical clothing for operators
- e.Workwear and personal protective equipment (PPE)
- 3.Stakeholder engagement and social acceptance
- a.Increase of the stakeholder engagement
- b.Increase of the social acceptance of renewable plants
- 4.Data Analytics and smart predictions to fight climate change
- a.Analytics applications, AI and IoT technologies for the processing, analysis and monitoring of climatic parameters (e.g.: sea level rise, coastal erosion, ...) from a predictive point of view
- b.Implementation of monitoring systems for the quality of the marine and coastal environment
- c.Biodiversity conservation (offshore platforms)
- 5.Sustainable supply chain to reduce environmental impacts
- a.Solutions to make logistics sustainable (e.g.: automation, digitization, efficiency of activities, …)
- 6.Circular economy & waste management
- a.Industrial symbiosis
- b.Use of feedstock and alternative/innovative technologies for recycling plastics
- c.Waste water treatment solutions
- 7.Smart Cities & Communities
- a.Connected roads & connected ports
- b.People flow analytics
- c.Sustainable, energy efficient and connected buildings (historic, private, corporate)
- d.IOT platforms for sustainable next generation smart cities (e.g.: energy saving, connected lights, pollution monitoring, …)
- e.Water monitoring and water pollution monitoring
- f.Safer cities (physical security)
- g.Solutions for “circular communities”
- h.Development and digital integration of renewable energy sources
- i.Sustainable innovative digital services (private and public)
- j.From hyper tourism to sustainable tourism
- k.Talent attraction
- l.Digital inclusion (solutions to build a digital and sustainable city for all)
- m.Solutions to foster meetings for the residents of the “Cities of the Future” (e.g.: connecting communities and initiatives)